Tips to prepare your home for the coming monsoon
1. Fix up the cracks: Examine the walls and rooftops properly before the monsoon arrives. If there are cracks and damaged tiles repair them right away to avoid leakage from rain water.
2. Repaint metal-framed doors: If metal-framed doors and windows have caught rust do paint them immediately. Unpainted doors and windows catch up more rust which can be dangerous for kids. Get it done from a professional painter to get a smooth finish.
3. Check electric connections: Get a good electrician and check all interior and exterior electrical connections to make sure they are not exposed to rain. Cover the exposed ones right away to avoid short-circuit or electric shock. In addition, repair the damaged electric wires to keep the premise safe during monsoon.
4. Care for the furniture: Furniture’ like cupboards and railings get musty or damaged because of fungus or termite. Use camphor balls or neem leaves to protect the clothes inside the cupboard from dampness. Keep cleaning wooden furniture using dry clothes throughout the monsoon.
5. Check the drainage: Don’t forget to check the drainage of your apartment or house. Fix it up before monsoon to avoid chances of blocks or overflows during monsoon.